Thursday, February 20, 2014

Throwback Thursday

This is a true #TBT photo.  It was taken on 8/8/88, when my Aunt MA (third from the left, holding her "Welcome Home" cake) came home from Germany.  She was military.

I'm on the far right.  I'm almost 11 here.  I was stylin' . . . especially with that flippy, short 80s 'do and those mag 80s glasses -- in pink, no less!

The other two people in this photo are my Aunt C (far left) and my Grandma.

Good times.

And this photo . . . ?  Yeah . . . not so much with the #TBT, since it was just taken yesterday.  This here is my ouchie!  Located about 5 inches to the left of my belly button, this 4-inch incision is bound to leave one hell of a gnarly-looking scar.

I can't wait.

6 comments:

  1. Good grief, you look like something out of "Nine" in that first photograph... and "Alien" in the second. Good job you're not starting up a portfolio for a modeling career, but I reckon you're definitely in with a chance as an extra if they ever make a "Pretty in Pink versus The Thing".

    You can't reach me to smack me. So think happy thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make me laugh. :-)

      Now, according to my mother, I have a genius IQ . . . it stands to reason that if I concentrate hard enough, I just might be able to think thoughts with enough power to mentally reach out and smack you with my brain, à la River Tam (all hail Joss Whedon) or Sheldon Cooper.

      Or I might just be insane.

      Delete
    2. OhmyGOD you're a Browncoat!!!!!

      I think I'm in love ;-)

      Delete
  2. So adorable, but I thought you were on the left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! I'm the dork on the right in the glasses. :-)

      Delete

Thank you so very, very much for stopping by to visit! It means the world to me that not only are you reading, but you are commenting, too! The only thing better than having readers, is having readers who share their thoughts with me.

You guys rock!