Monday, February 24, 2014

Something Wicked This Way Comes . . .

So, we all know by now that my family is utterly dysfunctional.

Lovable . . . ?  Sure.  Loyal . . . ?  Mostly. 

Completely fucked up . . . ?  Abso-fucking-lutely.

The latest craptastical drama began at Christmas.

Prior to the holidays, something happened, which was then posted about on Facebook.

Certain family members either aren't on Facebook, or are completely clueless about Facebook, so they didn't get the memo about the "something" that happened.

Comments were then made about said "something" at Christmas . . . which lead to other comments being made that hurt some family members, all of which contributed to a rift that has persisted to this very day.

The other day, I was sent a private message via Facebook by a family member, either berating or busting my ass about the fact that they found out about my surgery via Facebook, and not, as they believe they should have, via me or other family members.

I responded that while I was sorry that they'd been left out of the loop, the situation they were upset about was very similar to the situation that happened prior to Christmas . . . when they'd failed to communicate about their "something", other than via Facebook . . . and, hence, why certain other family members had gotten upset at Christmas.

A bit of back-and-forth via FB private message ensued, during which I decided that we don't communicate well enough as a family unit. 

So, as a result, I have now implemented Sunday Family Brunch Day.

God help us all.

Beginning this upcoming Sunday, I will be hosting Sunday Family Brunch Day
Food will be cooked and will be ready around 11:00-ish.  The whole family is invited.  We will sit, we will eat, we will talk, and we will keep each other abreast of any and all current family events. 

We will NOT discuss politics, religion, or any other hot topic that may incite drama.

Yeah.  Right.

I'll let you know how it works out.

5 comments:

  1. I say good luck to you, and truly mean it as I do think this is a fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds great on paper. But put into practice . . . ? Quite possibly a recipe for disaster. I hope it's not, but I'm preparing for the worst: There will be Bailey's for the coffee, whiskey for the tea, and vodka for the OJ. :-)

      Delete
  2. I hear they do straight jackets in rainbow colours now. Which would be your preference?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! Ooh! Umm . . . blue. No! Yellow! (Aaaaaugh!)

      Seriously, though . . . give me a set of 4, in an assortment of colors. One for each of my family members -- because they're the crazy ones, not I!

      Delete
    2. I've just seen a flying pig. It was giving me *the bird*.

      Delete

Thank you so very, very much for stopping by to visit! It means the world to me that not only are you reading, but you are commenting, too! The only thing better than having readers, is having readers who share their thoughts with me.

You guys rock!