Seriously . . . it is so much easier to have a plan in place, and it is so satisfying to be able to actually give an answer when the kids get home from school and start with the, "What's for dinner? I'm huuuuuuuungry!" bullshit.
Because saying, "I don't know," when your kids are whining just tends to increase said whining; ergo, increasing the likelihood that I decide to start beating my children, regardless of whether or not such behavior is frowned upon in today's society.
Anyhoo . . .
Considering the fact that my recovery from my little surgical procedure is emphatically not coming along as swiftly for which I'd hoped -- therefore, it's unlikely I'll make it back to the gym this week -- the only "exercise" I'm going to get over the next few days is going to happen while I'm putzing around in my kitchen.
So, I've decided to say, "Fuck It!" I'm going to worry about diet and exercise next week. This week, I'm just going to concentrate on healing, pain management, and getting back in the groove of meal planning.
This Week's Menu
- Monday: Abbe's Slow Cooker Turkey & Chorizo Chili (Abbe is awesome . . . even (or maybe especially) when she's busting my balls, which she does quite well.)
- Tuesday: Beer-Braised Beef with Onions over Egg Noodles with Roasted Carrots
- Wednesday: Grilled Chicken with Rice Pilaf and Green Beans
- Thursday: Roast Pork with Apples & Onions with Apple & Onion Stuffin' Muffins and Corn
- Friday: Pizza Night!
- Saturday: YOYO Night!
- Sunday: Family Brunch (more on that here, God help us all) and later . . . Lasagna
***** Check out the Organizing Junkie for an ometric butt-ton of fabulous menu ideas! *****