Monday, February 24, 2014

Menu Plan Monday

http://orgjunkie.com/

Oh, how I've missed planning my meals!

Seriously . . . it is so much easier to have a plan in place, and it is so satisfying to be able to actually give an answer when the kids get home from school and start with the, "What's for dinner?  I'm huuuuuuuungry!" bullshit.

Because saying, "I don't know," when your kids are whining just tends to increase said whining; ergo, increasing the likelihood that I decide to start beating my children, regardless of whether or not such behavior is frowned upon in today's society.

Anyhoo . . .

Considering the fact that my recovery from my little surgical procedure is emphatically not coming along as swiftly for which I'd hoped -- therefore, it's unlikely I'll make it back to the gym this week -- the only "exercise" I'm going to get over the next few days is going to happen while I'm putzing around in my kitchen.

So, I've decided to say, "Fuck It!"  I'm going to worry about diet and exercise next week.  This week, I'm just going to concentrate on healing, pain management, and getting back in the groove of meal planning.

 This Week's Menu
***** Check out the Organizing Junkie for an ometric butt-ton of fabulous menu ideas! *****

6 comments:

  1. I was just thinking I wanted some chilli. This sounds great. BTW no gym for you lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No . . . no gym for me. I'm shooting for Monday. I miss it! Or, maybe I just miss the alone time away from home . . .

      The chili was fantastic. The spices included cinnamon and coriander, so it was way different from my usual chili. But all the kids ate it without complaint, so that right there makes it a winner in my book.

      Delete
  2. Ohhhh that sounds like a good week. I'm going to have to try beer braised beef. Beer braised anything sounds good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was good. Of course, my 14-yo pretended to get drunk while eating it, which sent his younger brother and sister into hysterical fits of laughter, so it was an interesting dinner on top of a delicious one. Nights like that make me happy that I've allowed my children to continue existing. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Yeah Baby - Loooooove Menu Plan Mondays... I'm meal planning too, you got me addicted. I've been using "Say Mmm" free online meal planner, love it - makes my life so much easier (don't know how long I'll keep it up).

    PW's Pork Roast with Apples looks divine - I cooked her Bowtie Chicken Alfredo the other night, it was delish!

    When do I bust your balls? I'm fucking lovely!!! ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are lovely. Fucking lovely, indeed! ♥

      Nearly everything that woman makes is divine. I suspect it has something to do with her incessant use of butter and/or heavy cream.

      I'll have to check out that meal planner. Usually, I just search for recipes or ideas, post them here, and then write out a grocery list. For all the meal planning I've done, I've never actually used a meal planning tool. I must remedy that!

      Delete

Thank you so very, very much for stopping by to visit! It means the world to me that not only are you reading, but you are commenting, too! The only thing better than having readers, is having readers who share their thoughts with me.

You guys rock!