So . . . I just realized -- oh, about an hour ago, maybe? -- that today is Monday.
See, usually our school district does not have MLK Jr. Day off; but, for some reason, this year we do. Ergo, it was a long weekend, and today seemed like Sunday when I woke up . . . especially since my mom was over to visit on Saturday, rather than her usual Sunday visit, on account of the fact that she and my aunt (my mom's younger sister) decided to go to Atlantic City on Sunday until Monday.
Yep! I'm all messed up today. I hope it's not a portent of how the rest of the week is going to go.
Today, we had Chinese take-out, on account of my massive brain fart. Tomorrow, I'll be home to cook as usual. I'm not going to be home Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday, on account of district band. My husband is off on Wednesday, so I chose something simple for him to make. I asked my 14-yo to handle the cooking on Thursday; Breakfast for Dinner was her idea. She can make egg sandwiches, omelets, or sunny-side up eggs with toast. There's also frozen waffles and breakfast sausage in the freezer that she can whip up for my dad and the other kids. She's going to take care of Pizza Night, too; she can call and order delivery from one of the only three places in the Back Mountain that deliver. Sunday, I'm going to go all out and make a feast. Hopefully, I can then make next Monday a Leftover Day!
This Week's Menu
- Monday: Chinese Take-Out
- Tuesday: Baked Ham, Bacon Potatoes Au Gratin (I'm adding some cheddar cheese to this recipe), and Green Beans with Bacon (I never got around to making this on Sunday, so I'll make it Tuesday, which is the only day this week I'll be around to make dinner.)
- Wednesday: Spaghetti with Meat Sauce (My husband will be home from work on Wednesday, so he could take care of making this. It's nice and simple.)
- Thursday: Breakfast for Dinner
- Friday: Pizza Night!
- Saturday: Homemade Mac & Cheese with Bacon (I never got around to making this, either.)
- Sunday: Apple Saucy Pork Roast, Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Wild Rice & Sweet Potato Pilaf, Peas, Salad, Cornmeal-Cherry Cobbler
***** Check out the Organizing Junkie for an ometric butt-ton of fabulous menu ideas! *****